he Tourist Protection Service (SPT) has been created to protect your consumer rights by helping you to solve any problem that may arise regarding the tourist services you contract in Peru. The SPT intercedes on behalf of tourist to obtain immediate attention from the individual or company that fails to provide optimal and timely service, or does not comply with contractual terms or advertised conditions.
How to reach the SPT?
By telephone or fax the 24 hour Hot Line: +511 421-1227.
|| 421-1227 |
|| (054) 444564 |
|| (054) 221228 |
|| (084) 237364 |
|| (084) 234498 |
|| (066) 818305 |
|| (044) 294561 |
||(065) 260251 |
|| (051) 365088 |
When calling from a Peruvian city other than Lima, dial 01
first or call toll free: 0800-4-2579 (Not available by pay phone).
When calling kindly give the operator your full name, explain your problem briefly, and identify the individual or company involved. This is not a recorded message service.
For further assistance, there is a team of assistants that will be able to help you by phone or in person, as required. The attention will be in Spanish or English.
How can the SPT be of help to you?
The SPT will not:
- When there is a contractual non fulfilment, bad service or inexact information on the part of a supplier of tourist services (example: airlines, travel agencies, lodging establishments, restaurants, etc.)
- When you require a consultation in the cases of loss or theft of documents or values.
- If you consider that they have charged you a different rate (superior) for being a foreigner.
- In emergency situations.
- In situations of irregularities with police agents, customs officers or migrations.
- When it requires orientation on the procedures with customs officers or migrations.
- If you require to go to sources of tourist information.
National Institute for Defense of Free Competition and Protection of Intellectual Property (INDECOPI)
E Mail: email@example.com
Office in Lima:
- Provide tourist information on rates or schedules.
- Handle reservations.
- Recommended specific travel agencies, accomodation, restaurants or transportation services.
La Prosa 138, San Borja.
Phone: +511 224-7888
P.O. Box 1596 - Lima 1
Office in Cusco:
250 Portal Los Carrizos and International Airport Velasco Astete
Phone: +5184 25-2974
Click to see more images from this destination at our Peru Pictures - Photos
& Multimedia Gallery