uasi Island is approximately 43 hectares and it is located on the so called Major of the Titicaca Lakes at 2 and a half hours from Puno, 70 kilometres going by the Lake and 167 kilometres going along the highway, at a height of 3810 metres above sea level. It is a private island where ecological activities, such as treks on which you will be able to watch the four South American Cameloids, birds, Andean cultivations and livestock breeding, are organised. You can also take part on cultural manifestations, not to mention the experience of tasting the exquisite Novo Andean cuisine, prepared with local organic produce. It is a place where it is possible to admire the immensity of the lake and where to enjoy the night under a beautiful sky in harmony between man and nature.
|| 3 days / 2 night
|| Tuesday & Friday
||From US$ 520
||Archaeological, cultural and trekk
DAY 01: Juliaca - PunoEnd of our services
Pick up at the Juliaca airport at your arrival and transfer to your hotel in the City of Puno. During the transfer we will visit the famous so called Chullpas of Sillustani, cylinder shaped burial towers made of hewn and finely polished stones, which rise to an altitude of 12 metres. This is the place where the ancient Aymaras buried their high priests. The Umayo Lake, located beside the Chullpa Burial Towers adds an extra portion of beauty to the landscape of this place. This is also an opportunity to observe different species of birds and other typical local wild life.
Free time to rest and to get used to the altitude.
DAY 02: Puno / Floating Islands of the Uros and Taquile Island / Suasi Island.
At 7 o´clock AM we will leave the City of Puno, making a stop over at the Floating Island of the Uros and then we will continue on to the Island of Taquile, always enjoying the customs and placid life of the inhabitants of these Islands. Then we will continue to the Island of Suasi, a privately owned island, which is one of the most beautiful in the whole lake as well as the home of four species of American camelids. We will arrive at approximately 1: 30 PM. Time to take a short rest and install ourselves in our rooms. After that we will enjoy a delicious grilled BBQ lunch. We suggest that you then avail yourself of, and join one of the many activities offered by the hotel such as: Taking part in exploration walks learning about the local flora and fauna., or maybe bird watching or taking part in cultural manifestations. Dinner. Overnight.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
DAY 03: The Island of Suasi / the City of Puno.
Breakfast. Free time. We suggest Educational Walks to learn more about the American camelids.
At 1 o´clock PM we will leave the Island of Suasi and go to the Airport of the City of Juliaca, a trip which will take approximately three hours.
Meals: Breakfast and boxlunch
- 1 Night´s Accomodations in the City of Puno including a Buffet Breakfast.
- Guided Tour of the Burial Tower Chullpas of Sillustani. (Bi Lingual Guides Spanish / English.)
- 1 Night´s Accomodations at the Casa Andina Private Collection Hotel on the Island of Suasi, a three star hotel.
- One Breakfast and one Dinner per person
- Box Lunch on the third day
- Different Activities to Choose from at the Island
- Conversations (Schedule of the Cottage from 9 o´clock AM to 5 o´clock PM)
- Transfers to Suasi: by Boat on the Lake and by Road.
- International and Domestic Flights ( Lima / Juliaca / Lima: Approximately USD 294.00)
- Airport Taxes ( Approximately USD 30.25 for International Flights and USD 6.05 for Domestic Flights.)
- Luggage Excess
- Additional nights due to bad weather or cancelled flights.
- Alcoholic beverages, sodas or bottled mineral water.
- Personal Expenditures
- National or International Long Distance Calls.
WE RECOMMEND YOU TO
- Use boots or sneakers during long walks.
- Drink lots of liquid during long excursions.
WHAT TO BRING
- Hiking boots, sneakers and shoes.
- Long pants or slacks.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Sweaters and a jacket.
- Rain wear for rainy season.
- Insect Repellent.
- Personal toilet items and firstaid kit.
- Medicine to arrest or prevent the so called ”Soroche” or altitude sickness.
Please consult your physician what medicine is best suited for your organism.
Dry and very cold, with bright sunshine during the day and very low temperatures at night (-10ºC). Year
long temperatures fluctuating from 5 to 8ºC.
The rainy season is from December to March.
Puno: 3,860 m.a.s.l.
during your trip
Local food restaurants, in Taquile Island there are only very basic facilities.
about Puno restaurants.