his area was established on September 2, 1892,
through Law (R.S.) N 0434-82-AG/DGFF. It is located in the department of La Libertad, province of Trujillo, district of Virú, with a surface of 72,50 hectares.
The main goals of this area are, first of all provide water coming from the Puquio Santa Rosa for agricultural purposes as well as preserve the forest in the area as an hydrological factor for the hydrological cycle.
The main purposes are to preserve the lands, the forest, the agricultural lands as well as to promote the development of economic activities to benefit different natives communities such as Campas, Ashaninkas and Amueshas.
Click to see more images of this activity at our: Peru Pictures - Photos & Multimedia Gallery